Click-through rate is the number of clicks that your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown. A higher click-through rate is desired, not only because it brings individuals to your page, but also helps to keep a lower cost-per-click price on your ads.
Increasing your click-through rate doesn’t have to be difficult. Here we have compiled a list of 5 hacks to increase your click-through rate.
- Use Buttons Instead of Links
- Create a visual call to action that looks different than the rest of the page. Orange is a good color to use as it creates a sense of optimism which triggers impulse curiosity in shoppers. Red is also good because it creates a sense of urgency. Links will blend in with the rest of the post, since people see links every day. But something out of the ordinary will stand out and create interest
- Increase Mobile Bidding
- Mobile conversions are now happening at a higher rate than conversions on desktops and tablets. Increasing your mobile bids will increase your visibility, and effectively your click-through rate.
- Put Your Main Keyword in Your Display URL
- People like to know where your link is going to take them. By using keywords in your links it not only tells your visitors where your link is going to take them, but it tells them a little bit more about what your website is about. This gives them more of an indication as to whether your website is relevant to them.
- Create a Special Offer
- People love a deal or a special offer. Create an offer and use the offer at the title of your ad. This will entice people to come to your site. Just make sure that it is an offer that you can follow through with.
- Be Clear with Your Call to Action
- Create a clear and distinct call to action so that people who see this call to action know exactly what they are being asked to do. Do not be misleading and use concise terms and specific language.